.PageList {text-align:center !important;} .PageList li {display:inline !important; float:none !important;} -->

Monday, May 21, 2012

Coming Soon to Loudoun: Alamo Drafthouse Cinema

I was just saying on LostGirls how my friends rock.  Well, today, my friend Sandy sent me a link to this good news: Alamo Drafthouse Cinema is coming to Loudoun County.  Our little taste of food and film madness will be in Ashburn (super close to me, thank you very much).  According to their Facebook page, they're hoping to be open for business here in early 2013.  Hopefully I'll still live in the area by then.  If you're not in the DC area, you can find your nearest Alamo location here (just click on the big ol' A to the left of HOME).  


To understand why this makes my heart feel like it's going to leap out of my chest, check out the options at one of the Austin, Texas locations.  First, let me say that any theater that offers beer will always hold a special place in my heart (I really miss the Parkway in Oakland, CA), but to offer not just food and drink but themed menu items and special events involving an entire audience shouting out movie lines (quote-alongs) - this is a geek-girl's dream.  


If you haven't seen The Hunger Games or just want to see it again, you can go to the South Lamar location (not far from Whole Foods Market's flagship store) in Austin and order one of the Hunger Games themed menu items to go with the show.  Or you can go to a Big Lebowski Quote-Along - the ticket to that will also get you $3 White Russians and 50% off your first hour of bowling at The Highball, because what goes better with this movie than actually bowling?  And so far this could be considered standard fare for those people living in big cities where food and film events happen more often, but the true madness is more like this:



Check out their past special event menus.  The Lawrence of Arabia one made me particularly happy.  And there is so much more to come, check out these mini previews (set to a song by The Shins?  Hell, yes.):




Alamo Drafthouse Cinema, I'm a sucker for yous.


Thanks, Sandy.


5.22.2012 - Well would you look at that....

Evidently I was not thorough enough in my research - there is a Winchester location here.  And I really want to have Afternoon Tea while watching Much Ado About Nothing this Sunday.  Who's with me?  Is that kind of a girly way to introduce myself to the Alamo?  Do I care?

No comments:

Post a Comment

The LostGirls would love to hear what you have to say about it...however, we reserve the right to edit or delete comments which we find hateful, off-topic, offensive and/or possible spam, etc.