.PageList {text-align:center !important;} .PageList li {display:inline !important; float:none !important;} -->

Saturday, May 26, 2012

As Promised: DC ZooFari Followup

This is one of those times when I'm grateful that people are willing to collaborate with me on posts.  My friend Jessie, who took me to ZooFari, brought along her fancy camera and took some really great pictures.  All the photos in this particular post are by her (though covered by the LostGirls Creative Commons license) and published here with her permission.  I will not put any of these in collages (once I learned how to do it, it sort of took over, but that was last week) so that you can enjoy them at full size (click on the first one and it should open a viewer so you can scroll through all of them).

The beautiful lionesses
 

Adopt a Lion
My favorite shot of the day
Bath time
 



But not for you!
More great photos of the lions here (going back to when they were wee cubs) 
Coffee contraption at The Travelling Bean

Cheeky Monkey Sideshow
Sally the Cinch a.k.a. The Human Hourglass




Swami YoMahmi will be just fine (see the first ZooFari post for the reassuring muscle man shot)
We were so excited that this coati came out to stretch his legs, right as we walked up to his enclosure

A quick story for you.  While we were approaching the big enclosure for the Sulawesi Crested Black Macaque (often referred to as an ape, they are actually monkeys), we saw a man waving his arms over his head in this monkey's general direction.  Then he turned to his date and said, "What?  Stupid f***ing monkeys."  Jessie's immediate reaction was, "The monkey's probably thinking the exact same thing about him."  I really hope that guy heard her and I was thinking the same thing.  Why on earth would you go to the zoo if you're such a hater?  Alas, idiots are all around us.  In any case, this monkey stayed sitting right where he was until the idiot manchild left.  When Jessie and I approached the outer wall, however, he sidled on over and sat right in front of us, making faces.  And, as more people gathered, he got more into it.  







The Elvis shot


I think this face was "Oh they think I'm so cute -- just wait till they see my bum"
The tiger wasn't out very long
Love Motel for Insects by Brandon Ballengee

Thanks again, Jessie!

One last bit, since I just found this video about the various Love Motel for Insects installations:


No comments:

Post a Comment

The LostGirls would love to hear what you have to say about it...however, we reserve the right to edit or delete comments which we find hateful, off-topic, offensive and/or possible spam, etc.